Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Fang-tastic..!

I'm really hooked on HBO's "True Blood". I brought Season 1 of the show here with me on DVD and used it to glamour other unsuspecting viewers with it's rather salacious drama. I've downloaded Season 2 on iTunes and even though it's turned a bit more soap-ish and B-grade during the season, I love it just the same. And I am discriminating, finding vampire dramas like "Vampire Diaries" and the Twilight Saga just plain annoying; agreeing with True Blood creator Alan Ball when he said in Rolling Stone magazine that the idea of celibate vampires is ridiculous.

Butters does often wonder why I like the genre and even more puzzling why it doesn't give me nightmares. First off, I do realize there really are no such things as vampires; and, horror doesn't bother me - suspense does. So I sleep like a baby.

There is one thing about True Blood that does scare the bejeezus out of me every time I see it; and that's the still of the opossum during the opening credits. And given the cuddly look of what they call a possum in Australia, who can blame me?

So which would you rather meet in a dark attic?

- Farmer Ted

No comments: