Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fear on the fairground...

Tomorrow starts an annual event in Adelaide that's over 100 years old: The Royal Adelaide Show or as it's been named, The Big Show. Starting as more of a farm exposition it now features not only agriculture exhibits but rides, contests, midways and showbags. Think of a county fair in the US on steroids. It's so popular here that schools actually close so the student body can attend, I guess rather than have them cut class along with their parents.

Now, I have no problem with this at all; heck it sounds like fun! It's their advertising that gives me the shivers. I've never been comfortable with the concept of clowns in general and I have real anxiety about the Big Show choice of clown image in particular.
How these don't give kids nightmares is beyond me.

- Farmer Ted

No comments: